Saturday, August 4, 2012


Thursday, Friday August 2 & 3 Thursday morning I headed out to Maxville to meet Fred Cappuccino at his home.




I met a few of the office staff and had an interview for the Glengarry Newspaper. In the evening I met a group of Child Haven supporters who plan the Ottawa dinners. We had a lovely Pot Luck dinner and lots of time to socialize. Friday morning I was interviewed on Rogers Cable 22, a local TV station. Then Kerry and I went downtown and toured the Parliament Buildings and the Chateau Laurier Hotel. I also had my first smoke meat sandwich at Nate's, a famous local restaurant in Ottawa.
House of Commons Official Opposition Sean Collins

Chateau Laurier Hotel

After a 2 day "rest", I am anxious to be on the road again, to complete the last 1/3 of the trip. I will be meeting folks in Montreal that are Child Haven supporters and staying with Sheila overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment